[Fsf-web] Logo

Gopz gopalv82@yahoo.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:58:36 +0530

If memory serves me right, Vinay Pawar wrote:
> The GNU project is a global one, imagine FSF-I, FSF-China, FSF-Europe,
> FSF-France, etc cooking their own logo's.

	BTW, FSF-Europe has its own logo . It's the GNU with a picture
of greek godess Europa. And FSF is *not* the GNU project -- FSF
supports *all* GNU GPL'd software .

> Not useful and doesn't serve any purpose.

	It is FSF-I's identity. I think this is not a bad idea at all.
But I don't think it is a good idea to call in a professional artist
and pay him , as of today.

> I think the creative heads on this list could design things that
> can be distributed at user group meetings where the free software
> philosophy is not discussed everytime.

	dead tree editions ? , it's simply too costly to do that in any
effective way -- unless people buy it !

Gopal.V
--
In every hierarchy the cream rises until it sours.