[Fsf-friends] Re: Microsoft to set up university in (Bangalore)city

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jul 17 12:12:28 IST 2007

Hello,

On 17/07/07, shriramadhas <shriramadhas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Instead of asking the government to stop Microsoft from setting up the
> University, ask the government to grant land, fund everything it might
> allocate
> to microsoft in setting up its university to free software university
> also..
>
> The disadvantages of Foreign Direct Investment in education have been well
documented. I am doing a bit of reading on the issue and will post a
separate mail on that.
A "University of MIcrosoft" would qualify as FDI in education and hence is
not desirable.
Ok. We set up a "University of Free Software". Who is going to run it? We
are unable to bring out good documentation as of now and still have a long
way to go with other aspects... how do you suggest we go about this? We
already find it tough to maintain a few full time employees for FSF(if I am
not mistaken)...
Let us work towards protecting and improving what we already have.
--
Regards
Vikram Vincent