[Fsf-friends] Flag

psk psk" <praveenskhan@rediffmail.com
4 Oct 2002 16:17:30 -0000

Hi hackers,
The works for starting flag(FsF Local Activists Group)s are on the
way. I mailed rms & as he advised we met Arun. The activities are
currently going on by planning how the groups should be working.
  The current plans are
*Arranging awareness classes of FsF both ethical & technical
*Arrange the local activists meetings monthly
*Promote the FsF distributions
*Sale & support of FsF softwares & Documentations
*Find out and use the developers for developing Free Software
*Each flag is planned in such a way that they support Other Free
Softwares (including other OS's)as well as the GNU/Linux
*Each meeting will be having the discussions about the current
activities in Freedom world & technical world of FsF
*Cooperate with the lugs for promoting the GNU/Linux environment &
support them to think about the freedom
*Seminars on any of the papers either in the ethical (better) or
the technical

*** MOST importantly maintain a Free Software journel containg the
articles of budding FsF'ians and FsF 'Gurus' from allover the
country.
The journel may be an Online One for atleast a few issues & by
analysing the stuff we can plan for a printed one

We have started the primary activities at alappuzha district of
Kerala. We are on the way to find out more members from alappuzha
& now it's a 58 member group untill today. The activities are
based around a GNU software training computer institute (JRS
Academy*) and with the help of students from Cochin University
College of Engineering Kuttanad. (Hope similar groups start all
over the country.)
Now we need the support of all the Free Software Community to make
up official rules for all the flags* & further advices &
guidelines.
  The better thing will be deciding the formalization only after
an active chat in the mailing list.

***The articles are invited from all over the country & 'll be
better if in TeX format. Send them to
praveenskhan@rediffmail.com***

We people are having a daily meeting now & are planning to start
the official functioning after the Pooja* (14th & 15th)days.
  Hope we'll be forming an idea before that
                         HTH
                         -psk
Give your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!