[Fsf-web] New FSF-India site up and running!

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose@antispam.org
Fri Jan 13 20:16:22 IST 2006

Sasi,
> 1. We need to update the information in the pages. Events that are over
> (for instance, Software Freedom Day, FSF Foundation Day and Meet on
> Kerala School Educational Reforms) are written as though they are going
> to happen. We need to replace them with reports of the events, if
> available, or move them to archives.
That can be done. The most important part is the content. Who is going
to write a report on those events? Generating content has always been
a problem with us and now after moving to a CMS putting up data has
become all the more easier ... we just need someone to write stuff.

> 2. I feel the Indian FS Projects Directory listing could have been given
> in one page. After all, there aren't many projects and some of the
> alphabets probably have no projects. Now a reader has to go to several
> links before he can look at all the projects, and many of the links have
> only one or two projects listed.
Yes, I agree. But the current scheme is such that it's become very
easy to add/modify an entry to the FS Directory. So let's not worry
about that as long as it's easy to maintain it.

> 3. The Donating and Thank GNUs links take you to the same page.
That's intentional. Donating should lead to the account info which is
already there in the Thank GNUs page. So no point creating a new page.

> 4. Noticed one spelling mistake -- Disto instead of Distro in the
> Fellowship page under Benefits for Professional Fellowship.
Fixed.

Regards,
BG

--