[Fsf-web] the website and logo issue

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:06:28 +0530

If memory serves me right, Vinay Pawar wrote:
>  I'll built it such that others(including myself)
>  can maintain/webmaster it, much like the squishdot
>  kinds allows us to.

	Yes, that's a good idea. I can help with some stuff.
I'm sort of good with <?php?>.

>  I haven't used phpnuke, squishdot, etc.
>  But I guess it would be tricky to have it generate
>  HTML like the gnu.org website.

	Are we talking about gnu.org.in or forum.gnu.org.in ?.
The forum uses the defautl squishdot template.

>  Those applications tend to have the same 3 column look
>  which I find very boring.
>  backend is not feasible and there's no idea for a
>  particular look'n'feel for the website.

	That's where I come in, suggest a good style and I can
try implementing that style.

>  we want it to do, why use squishdot's backend which
>  might be complex to customise.

	The cross browser HTML generation is a black art of
CGI programming . Things like CMS (content management systems)
simplify such things.

>  I don't understand what kind of 'php guru' would make
>  something that others can't maintain.

	I would have understood if you had said "perl guru" (LAMO !)
Php is a pretty decent language if you use the OO features well.

>  Is there a plan about what the fsf.org.in website is going to contain.

	Again more doubts. About forum or fsf site ?

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success