[Fsf-web] the website and logo issue

Vinay Pawar zoyd@gmx.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:17:19 +0530

 There seems to be a tiny bit of confusion.
 I didn't say I would webmaster the website.
 I'll built it such that others(including myself)
 can maintain/webmaster it, much like the squishdot
 kinds allows us to.
 And by maintainence I mean articles, news and
 other content can be posted/edited/deleted with
 a web interface.
 I haven't used phpnuke, squishdot, etc.
 But I guess it would be tricky to have it generate
 HTML like the gnu.org website. Those applications
 tend to have the same 3 column look which I find
 very boring. All the dynamic magic they do is great
 but they're used too much and often when a custom
 backend is not feasible and there's no idea for a
 particular look'n'feel for the website. If we can
 build a backend that is simple and does exactly what
 we want it to do, why use squishdot's backend which
 might be complex to customise.
 I don't understand what kind of 'php guru' would make
 something that others can't maintain.
 Is there a plan about what the fsf.org.in website
 is going to contain.
 I hope I'm more clear.
 Thank You,
 Vinay Pawar,