[Fsf-web] The website .....why Zope ?

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:10:49 +0530

Hi E'body,
	I'm just curious about why Zope is being used in the FSF India
website work.

	I personally think the use of Apache/PHP with Postgres would be far
better in the results -- especially with heavy loads on the server.

	The design and look of a webpage are as important as the content
it holds. That's why I offered to help the design team.

	Also I think Arun might be able to get a copy of what I would call
phpGnuke from the FreeDevelopers.net -- Phpnuke with the gifs removed.
I have a floating GNU + Fsf India that could easily become a "Freedom
Matters" logo.

	I had the stuff all configured (almost all...) on my box, way
back in January. I'm attaching a screenshot.

Gopal.V

PS: I had attatched a .jpg yesterday -- but got rejected due to
    the file size limit. Anyone wanting a peek at my work may mail me
    off list and get the screenshot.
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success