[Fsf-web] Volunteer for Free software directory

Ranjit Babu d0153019@ncb.ernet.in
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:07:07 +0530 (IST)

> We can also have a volunteer required, page. Some other tasks for the
> site include, details of Free Software Service persons/companies in
> India, student groups and Free Software enthusiasts in India, and Call
> for help regarding Free Software Training material.

I am personally seraching for details on free software companies in
India.. a webpage would have helped me eight now! We do need to implement
these asap. I volunteer with Kanti too!

 > Ranjith, for the software project we just need to make a single flat
> file like Software page in gnu.org. Browser search will be sufficient.
I have sent Arun a list already - will send an updated ersion on this list
asap.

> But if we have enough man power work should be done for Free Software
> in education part. Educational software Directory with software
> classified according to age group and subject area. Provision should be
> provided for submission of reviews. ( I think there should be some
> software available and can be used with slight modifications.)

I emailed Khuzaima Lakdwala about this - his advocacy plan would fit in
well with this. But we MUST have a website with complete details on
whatever we speak of ready; we can then direct people there for all the
info they need. As KLAK put it, we'd be a laughing stock among people like
college professors and principals if we don't have _at least_ a website to
back up our plans.

> BTW savannah project for web site is working and if people are comfortable
> with CVS we can use it.

Can someone provide any links or notes on this. I'd like to work on this.