[Fsf-web] Volunteer for Free software directory

Arun M arun@freedevelopers.net
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:13:47 +0530

Hi Kanti, Ranjith,

> >Frederick Noronha's article would be a great place to start
> >building from-
> >I have a few pages ready with those he has listed; these are on
> >the lines
> >of the directory built at www.gnu.org.
> >We also need to add search capability to this. Volunteers?
> I hereby volunteer to help build the free software directory for
> fsf-india

We can also have a volunteer required, page. Some other tasks for the
site include, details of Free Software Service persons/companies in
India, student groups and Free Software enthusiasts in India, and Call
for help regarding Free Software Training material.

Ranjith, for the software project we just need to make a single flat
file like Software page in gnu.org. Browser search will be sufficient.
But if we have enough man power work should be done for Free Software
in education part. Educational software Directory with software
classified according to age group and subject area. Provision should be
provided for submission of reviews. ( I think there should be some
software available and can be used with slight modifications.)

BTW savannah project for web site is working and if people are comfortable
with CVS we can use it.

Arun.