[Fsf-friends] women and free software

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 00:10:09 IST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Juan Carlos Gentile Fagundez <
jucar at hipatia.net> wrote:

> I'm very interested to understand more on the topic "women and free
> software
> in India"
>
> As I could 'perceive' being in some events in India, the situation is a
> little
> bit terrible.
>
> Women absolutely separated not to say 'segregated'
>
> This gave me the impression that not being talking to a group of activists
> for
> freedom since women was outside.
>
> Was that just my perception and impression?

Others perceptions could be like
I'm very interested to understand more on the topic "old women and free
software in India"

I'm very interested to understand more on the topic "young women and free
software in India"

I'm very interested to understand more on the topic "xyz women and free
software in India"

I'm very interested to understand more on the topic "old men and free
software in India"

I'm very interested to understand more on the topic "young kids and free
software in India"

I feel that it is nothing wrong in thinking about what women are thinking
about a particular topic provided there is enough time to spend on that

Rather than segregating or just trying to seperate, it would be good to
think and work towards involving more and more people invoved in taking
forward Free Software Movement irrespective of gender or any other
categorization.