[Mailman] Re: [ILUG-BOM] what is Venue of next Lug meet. Help for Project.

Rahul Saxena rahul.saxena@SoftHome.net
Sat May 17 18:48:17 IST 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 09:04 pm, vishal varange wrote:
> Hello Luggers,
>                 This is my first mail. I am new to
> linux. I have few queries please hel p me in solving
> them.

> 2) I am an Engineering Student (T.E. Computers) and
> would like to do my final year project on Linux
> Platform. Could somebody please suggest any firms
> where I may approach, or else suggest any topic for
> the project work. Any suggestion is welcome.

Hi,
 there are plenty of places and people and projects which you could do for BE
projects. It all depends on your interest. i would suggest you spend some
time zeroing on WHAT you want to do as you project, some application, a OS
related, DBMS types whatever you want to do.
Then you could figure out how its done using Linux or GNU tools and then for
example work on somthing which is under development or roll your own. What i
am saying may sound quite vague, but this is somthing you have to figure out
yourself.

try looking at the projects on the lug website itself ! also check out places
like mozilla.org for eg, they have people developing some cool plugins and
features for it, or subscribe to kernelnewbies.org mailing list, for kernel
related stuff.
Either ways, pls do only somthing you like because you will regret wasting
the time doing crap (   i am doing that since last year ! )

rahul

--
Mausoleum:  The final and funniest folly of the rich.
-- Ambrose Bierce