[Fsf-web] [Fwd: Increase in spam due to the mirror?]

Nagarjuna nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Mar 20 10:32:39 IST 2006

what is the status of archives containing full email addresses. I
thought this problem has been fixed.  can you update me on what is
the current style of archiving, and what is visible.

Nagarjuna

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Increase in spam due to the mirror?
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:29:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Aditya Newalkar <adityanewalkar at yahoo.com>
To: nagarjun at gnowledge.org

Hi,
I used to subscribe to ILUG-BOM couple of years ago
and later stopped due to other interests.  I used to
use this email address to post my messages.  I have
noticed suddenly that this email address that never
used to recieve spam is suddenly recieving lots of it.

One reason might be that the pages containing my old
messages have now been mirrored on gnowledge.org and
since indexed by google.  These pages on gnowledge.org
contain all the email addresses including mine in
clear text.  So I am suspecting spammers have gotten
hold of them and lot of other active/inactive members
have been recieving spam but ignoring it.

I request you to kindly look into this and disable
printing out email address in clear text on
gnowledge.org postings.

Thanks,
Aditya Newalkar

Aditya Newalkar