[Fsf-web] Re: free indian fonts missing

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:06:33 +0530

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:57:15AM +0530, LinuxLingam wrote:
> hi gnu heads,
>
> just checked out gnu.org.in, and discovered a link to free indian language
> fonts. disappointed to see only the akruti ttf fonts listed.
>
> would request raghu, the opentype font be also made available here, as well
> as the fonts designed by the indian school students, avneesh and shivaas,
> which is available from the ilug-d site.

I will ask our web admin to include the fonts by the students also
there.  However I am not sure whether I can inlcude raghu because it
is not released under any free software license.  As far as I know we
are only allowed to use it, but not modify or adopt it for any
improvements.

I will appreciate if you could give the link, so that our job becomes
easier.

Nagarjuna