[Fsf-web] Website changes

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:18:31 +0530

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:07:54PM -0000, Kanti  Jadia wrote:
> These are the list of changes planned for FSF-I website.
>

> Request feedback,new suggestions etc from all interested.
>

> 1.CVS should be used.

You can use cvs by registering the project at gnowledge.org, which is
hosted on the same machine.  gforge is running at this site.  Though I
have stated that the site cannot be used, that is because the policy
documents have not yet been drafted.  You can register fsf-web project
there and begin using it.

> 2.The site should be easily navigable from lynx/links as well as
> other Free software compatible browsers.
>
> 3.The copyright should appear on each page at the bottom
>
> 4.All pages should be on one server(for mirroring).

They are, except that for dynamic content we are using zope.

> 5.All software on the site should have verification
> signatures(MD5,SHA1 etc).

> 6.The overall design will be modeled after www.gnu.org site.

I personally dont like www.gnu.org site.  There are no clear
navigation bars, and good search engine for the site.  There is an
organization but that is not explicit.  FSF-Europe site looks better.

> 7.All images used on the site should have corresponding html
> page explaining the image details(as the GNU head).

ISn't alt tag would do.

> 8.Sitemap ,whatsnew details to be added.

Most important is regular content upgradation.  E.g. our own site
doesn't have details about RMS visit.  I will send whatever I know,
please upgrade.  I will send them today.

Nagarjuna