[Fsf-web] the website and logo issue

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:23:02 +0530

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 06:17:19PM +0530, Vinay Pawar wrote:

>  There seems to be a tiny bit of confusion.
>  I didn't say I would webmaster the website.
>  I'll built it such that others(including myself)
>  can maintain/webmaster it, much like the squishdot
>  kinds allows us to.
>  And by maintainence I mean articles, news and
>  other content can be posted/edited/deleted with
>  a web interface.
>  I haven't used phpnuke, squishdot, etc.
>  But I guess it would be tricky to have it generate
>  HTML like the gnu.org website. Those applications
>  tend to have the same 3 column look which I find
>  very boring. All the dynamic magic they do is great
>  but they're used too much and often when a custom
>  backend is not feasible and there's no idea for a
>  particular look'n'feel for the website. If we can
>  build a backend that is simple and does exactly what
>  we want it to do, why use squishdot's backend which
>  might be complex to customise.

It is clear now that what you mean by boring.  True, the three
colum format is boring.  But we can change that, without changing
the squishdot application.  As I said earlier, in Zope as in any
OO application the design of the views is independent of the
logic.  Then let us discuss what changes we should make to the
design.

Nagarjuna