[Fsf-web] Forum.gnu.org.in

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:04:21 +0530

Following is the draft of the announcement, If it is fine we can
post it today.

Nagarjuna

---------------- We request all of you consider writing articles
for discussion on our http://forum.gnu.org.in, which is our
ejournal for FSF-India.  Presently only Khuzaima's article is
posted.  This is a moderated site. Doesn't mean that difference
of opinion will not find place.  We request authors to use this
journal for statements substantiated by facts and reasons.
Content that is likely to arouse emotions should find least
space, if not no space.  This doesn't mean that articles should
not have provokative function.  But it is also possible to make
provocative arguments within the scope of positive critique.

Also suggest the kind of categories that we should have on this
ejournal of FSF-India. Some examples are: Generalia, News,
WhitePapers, Standards (Licenses, etc.), Philosophy, Proposals,
eeducation, egovernace, localization, Agenda, Development, ...
After we hear from all, we will order them in not more than ten
clear categories or so.

Let us also start a thread here to arrive at guidelines for
editing so that the editor will keep these things in mind while
approving articles and comments.  We will also keep the
guidelines available so that contributors could go through them
before submission.

Nagarjuna