[Fsf-web] Volunteer for Free software directory

baiju m malayalamlinux@yahoo.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:13:41 -0800 (PST)

--- Ranjit Babu <d0153019@ncb.ernet.in> wrote:

> > What about GNU/Linux Localization projects in
> India?
> > no plan to
> > include such project works in the directory?
> >
> Definitely! But we're short on info. Baiju, can u
> add info on the
> Malayalam Linux project? And this would be if we
> plan to have a
> !(business oriented) < :) > directory also..
 If you can conatct G. Karunakar
<karunakar@freedomink.org> that will be better, He
will be able to provide more info about Indian
language projects (especially Hindi). And contact any
member in http://www.tamillinux.org (That is an
excellent work), LLI at bangalore and lots of other
projects are there. The following links also will be
usefull http://www.gnome.org/i18n and
http://i18n.kde.org. Malayalam GNU/Linux Project is a
recent one only, so add info about other language
projects(Tamil,Hindi,Kannada,Marathi etc more works
are done in those languages). Later I will give info
about our works. A link to
http://malayalamlinux.sf.net will be enough for now. I
can contact those project cordinators and collect info
about their works and we can ask any one from each
project to join this mailing list to provide info
about their works. By doing this I can also volunteer
for *free* software directory.
Regards,
Baiju M