[Fsf-web] fsfi web design

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
04 Apr 2002 22:11:08 +0530

On 03 Apr 2002 12:19:18 +0530, klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in (Khuzaima A. Lakdawala) wrote:

> Please take a look at this:
>
>   http://oswd.org/design/446/Digital_Multiplex/

Please ignore the above. Sorry. On second thoughts, if we are going to
copy, we might as well copy FSF-Europe's design. That's *worth*
copying!

Am presently going through their mailing list archives:

  http://mailman.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/web/

They switched to their present elegant XHTML-XSLT solution in
April-May 2001, so if you are interested in emulating them and
learning how they did it, start reading from there.

I am so enamoured of FSF-E's web site that I feel that not only
FSF-India but all organisation under the FSF umbrella should adopt
it. I hope that besides us even fsf/gnu.org will do away with their
boring drab design and adopt FSF-Europe's design instead.

Wouldn't it be nice if all FSF sister organisations adopted the same
elegant design of FSF-Europe instead of every one going their own way?
The individual national organisations would then just need to
distinguish themselves by their distinct logos.

I hope others will join me in studying from their mailing list
archives and then we can start exchanging notes in a couple of days.

I opt for this strong-foundation-for-the-website approach. If someone
feels that a lot of time has gone by without anything being achieved and
wants to put up something immediately using static templates etc.,
please go ahead.

Regards,
Khuzaima