[FSF India] Friends in unexpected places

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala fsf-india@gnu.org.in
18 Aug 2001 09:46:05 +0530

It seems we have friends in the most unexpected places:

    A resolution adopted by the BSNL Employees Union State formation
    conference in Kannur, Kerala, [also] urged the BSNL as well as the
    State and Central Governments to use and encourage the use of free
    non patented softwares with open source code as part of developing
    practical alternatives to colonial interests in the sector.

Extremely heart warming, to say the least!

I couldn't find the full story on The Hindu's web site. It's on Page
4, today's Kochi edition.

--
Khuzaima A. Lakdawala