[LIG] Re: [FSF India] Re: WB Govt ties up with MSFT

Raju Mathur fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:42:48 +0530 (IST)

Khuzaima,

While I agree that freedom is the most important facet of Free
Software, I deliberately omitted mentioning it in the letter.  If you
notice, I have tried to stay away from any of the following:

- Controversial issues (e.g. MS' ongoing court case(s))
- Un-verifiable data
- Philosophy
- Opinions

The idea was to create a document which would present hard facts which
cannot be debated away.  Philosophy and opinions, by definition, are
debatable, and I had no intention of letting anyone use one single
point in the document as a lever to draw attention away from the
others and make the whole exercise meaningless.

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raju Mathur          raju@kandalaya.org           http://kandalaya.org/