[Fsf-friends] Kerala school training material

Arun M arun at gnu.org.in
Tue Jul 7 23:23:38 IST 2009

Dear Raju,

> - Teachers' training material

 - Teacher's hand book is available.

> - Teachers' training curricula and time frames
>
> - Ditto for the Train the Trainers programme

There is no formal curriculum or book.
We conducted several different kinds of workshops.

 - Introduction based on School textbook and teachers's handbook
 - Installation and Troubleshooting
 - Setting up school network
 - Training on software for IT enabled education.

> - School curricula on and using FS

 - Available from school stores.

> - Accompanying textbooks, training guides, etc.

 - Available from school stores.

> Anything else that is available apart from this would be great.

Some experienced trainers ;)

If some one needs text book it is good time to get hold of that.
Schools just started and books are being distributed.
Teachers hand book I am not sure if we can get  copies.

BTW, we recently started an effort to create a new curriculum. Lost momentum
in between. If there is interest we can share some thoughts. We can improve
on IT at School (Kerala).

regards
arun