[Fsf-friends] "intellectual Property Rights" Centre to come in kerala!!

Shyam | ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | Karanattu mail at swathanthran.in
Tue Oct 28 17:48:44 IST 2008

Hi all,
I just saw this
http://www.thehindu.com/edu/2008/10/27/stories/2008102750630200.htm
report about the kerala state government about to include mirages in
Student syllabi.
          “The state will initially start five or six centres of excellence to
           provide degree-level classes to students in all five universities, and
            faculty will be provided in the universities and its affiliated
            institutions over a period of time,” said a senior official in the state
            education ministry who declined to be named because he is not authorised
             to speak to the media.

snip...
           “The Kerala government’s move to include IPR in general
           education will also help overcome the severe shortage of
           professionals in the field of intellectual property rights
           and related areas in the country,” says R.S. Praveen Raj, a
           scientist at the Intellectual Property Management and
           Technology Transfer office, National Institute for
           Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, who played a key
           role in drafting the state policy.
says,
http://www.livemint.com/2008/08/26232915/Kerala-to-introduce-intellectu.html?d=1
If the country need law experts, they should teach them law in its full vastness
and details not some vague bush which is particularly designed to lead
the reader to the wrong place as we all know. I think atleast the
syllabii should clearly explain the difference in opinion against term and the parallel
uprisings which clearly says about the absurdity of the term and
concept. Students should not be moulded exclusively with the theories
made by some established bad agendas...

Its interesting to note, as we saw long before, the policy of the
state about the same subject, points in a good direction as it comes in
the knowledge commons way,i.e in between public domain and privatisation...

http://www.kshec.kerala.gov.in/responses/resp_praveen.htm
That link have the syllabus which i think atleast is to be edited to include the
other side of the matter too..

Regards
Shyam K