[Fsf-friends] IT/ITES SEZs now a nightmare for investors

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Mon Oct 20 11:48:30 IST 2008

On Monday 20 Oct 2008, CK Raju wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Raj Mathur <raju at linux-delhi.org>
wrote:
> > I'd rather not have communist-indoctrined ideology spouted on this
> > list. I'd rather not have capitalist-centric intolerant ideology
> > spouted either.  Let's talk about Free Software, or not at all.
>
> Free Software has no existence of its own - its not an autonomous
> discipline - its principles are intricably linked to principles of
> many other  disciplines and philosophies. For someone to move with
> least errors, there has to be a fair amount of exposure of some of
> the basic principles of other disciplines.

What are ``least errors''?  Who defines ``fair amount of exposure''?
What other ``disciplines'' must we familiarise ourselves with?  Am I
not a good member of the Free Software community just because I don't
have a ``fair amount of exposure'' to these disciplines?  Is there a
political test that people have to give before they start promoting,
using or developing free software?  What is Linus' political ideology?
What is RMS' political ideology?  What is the official stance of the
FSF on capitalism vs communism?  Do they even HAVE an official stance?
Do they advise all comers to their web sites to read Das Kapital (or
alternatively, Wealth of Nations) before they (the users) understand
what Free Software is all about and start using it?

If you believe that Free Software is purely a communist (or capitalist)
ideology, please state so clearly so we can discuss that (that IS
related to free software, so I don't have compunctions about discussing
it here).  Playing with words and vague generalities, on the other
hand, is meaningless just makes one appear pompous and ill-equipped to
carry on a debate.

Regards,

-- Raju
--