[Fsf-friends] [CROSS-POSTED] Re: National Policy on ICT in Education

Raj Mathur raju@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Oct 18 16:02:51 IST 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007 13:57, H.S.Rai wrote:
> If any one want to send some suggestions.

This is important enough to me, and presumably to a number of other
people on these lists.  I have started putting my thoughts down on the
web, and invite anyone who wants to contribute to add to them (it's on
a Wiki):
http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/NationalICTEducation

The document is still quite preliminary and I'm hoping that people more
qualified than me will take some time and help fill in the copious
blanks.

Insh'allah some of the ideas that we come up with would be able to
influence the forthcoming policy in a positive direction.  I have just
one request, which is to avoid jingoistic anti-MS statements that may
end up making the whole document unpalatable to policy makers (this is
specifically aimed at the Linux/FOSS community ;)  Here the subtle
knife may be preferable to the blunt hammer.

Note that you will have to register on the Wiki before you can edit the
page.  Your account details will remain confidential.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/