[Fsf-friends] Beryl can improve usability and work-flow

Amol Hatwar amol@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jul 30 23:14:09 IST 2007

Mani A wrote:
> Beryl is not just eye candy...
> "If you have Beryl installed, you can select windows for grouping by
> pressing [super]+s (the [super] key is usually the "windows" key) or
> by holding down the [super] key and using the left mouse button to
> draw a box around the window(s) you want to select. Once selected, you
> group them press [super]+g to group them. Once you've got your group,
> press [super]+t to tab them together. You've then got a handy group of
> windows that are tidy, and easily selectable.

I believe the Beryl project has been abandoned, and code re-merged with
compiz (of which Beryl was a fork). It is called compiz-fusion now. If
you want to actively use Beryl, use compiz instead...

Warm regards,

Amol Hatwar

--
Thoughts on Programming, Number 52 The user does not know what he wants
until he sees what he gets.