[Fsf-friends] Microsoft to set up university in (Bangalore)city

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 18 23:24:17 IST 2007

Hi,

On 7/18/07, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can refer to the different official reports or to the Economic and
> political weekly for reliable  data. The Govt does spend a bit on
> education. The present Govt has increased the spending.

I also meant how much of it actually reaches the student/faculty. They
can *claim* expenditure, but, how much is actually spent on
"education". Is it spent properly so everyone *really* benefits from
them? No.

How many EE departments have Digital Design Labs with FPGAs?

How many CS/IT departments have Embedded Labs?

> The fact is that lot of research is done and often with very limited
> or no grants.

Please. Most private college management that I have seen ask their
faculty to do PhDs so they can *claim* that they have x number of
PhDs.

> http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/shakthimaan-paper/shakthimaan-paper-presentation.pdf.
>

> You are speaking about engineering education and FLOSS.

Duh! Current plight of engineering education, students, faculty. Slides: 3-14.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com