[Fsf-friends] Higher Education(was:Microsoft to set up university in (Bangalore)city)

Linux Lingam linuxlingam@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jul 17 18:21:44 IST 2007

> Once again (for the last time, I promise!), if this is a movement to
> fight FDI in education, include me out.  On the other hand, if the
> objective is to prevent MS from setting up an institution and imparting
> even more training on proprietary technologies to Indians, then I'm
> with you in opposing it.  I probably would NOT oppose the FSF or RH or
> OSI or LI setting up an education institution in India, even though
> those are FDI in education too.

+1

education-policy and valuesystem is at the core.
not who imparts the education.
if microsoft is all set to educate and teach FOSS, values of sharing
knowledge, copyleft in software, creativity, science, knowledge and
education, and collaborate with others such as scott mcnealey's
curriwiki and dozens of others, hey! i'm all for it.

if they don't, i am actually more interested to know who else will,
and will willingly offer my energies to that institution and encourage
all of you to help make it a shining example of the dream that gleams
in our eyes.
"you have to be the change you have to see in the world." - gautam
buddha uncle jee.

:-)
niyam