[Fsf-friends] Microsoft to set up university in (Bangalore)city

Mani A a.mani.cms@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jul 16 02:53:13 IST 2007

On 7/15/07, Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> On 7/15/07, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Is this a sign that the Free Software Movement is growing in Bangalore???
>
> Vikram, let us begin drafting a note that brings together all the
> points; how dangerous it is for any country, not merely for India to
> accept any such thing. May be can do this on http://fci.wikia.com/.
> After we complete the note, we can release that as a press release and
> also make a representation to Karnataka; Govt of India; and to the
> president (who is the chancellor of all universities in India)

That will not be sufficient. It will help if we have a national level
campaign on the issue involving academics from everywhere. The UGC and
AIU must also be targeted. M$ does not actually run universities
anywhere in the world. This proposal reflects more severely on the
corruption and malpractices in the higher education sector of our
country.

Best

A. Mani

--