[Fsf-friends] Say NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jul 5 08:34:11 IST 2007

On 7/1/07, Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 04:14:57PM +0530, Anivar Aravind wrote:
> > microsoft is now on the similar kind of lobbying with BIS (Beuro of
> > Indian Standards) to make OOXML as a standard. I feel FSF must campaign
> > on this.
> >
> > Anivar
> >
> > Say NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard
> >
> > http://www.noooxml.org/petition
> >

> also look at http://www.odfalliance.org.  I attended two of the
> meetings in BIS working committee.  FSF India is working along with
> ODFalliance India and trying to convince BIS.  I will be attending
> another meeting tom.  I will update tom.
>
> some of the minutes are documented here.
>
> http://wordprocessingml.pbwiki.com/

The discussions we are having at BIS working group meetings are minuted here.
http://www.odfalliance.in/OOXML.html   Please go through the debates,
and see what more issues we could pursue.

Nagarjuna