[Fsf-friends] Top Story on Forbes : [RMS] Toppling Linux

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Oct 24 21:39:02 IST 2006

Ciaran O'Riordan said on Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 01:05:58PM +0100,:

 > We can compete against them by writing our own articles.  Here's an article
 > I wrote recently:
 > http://kerneltrap.org/node/7238

I  do not  intend to  play down  the benefits  of your  work,  but the
trouble with  periodicals like `Forbes'  is that what appears  in them
are treated  as the  gospel truth by  some. Unfortunately  that `some'
happen  to be  the decision  makers of  several large  businesses, and
sovereign policy makers.

 > We can also counter them by participating in community discussions
 > where people have doubts or misunderstandings about GPLv3.

 Oh. Sure, yes. Given our resource constraints, grassroots is the only
 place where we can be effective.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/