[Fsf-friends] Re: Fsf-friends Digest, Vol 41, Issue 26

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Oct 3 11:10:16 IST 2006

> 4 I hope the FLOSS cell can give/get some donations of even outdated (by
> a few years) technical books to the schools' FLOSS cell. A library of
> books is very very helpful. Plus they need to have motivational books
> such as Rebel code, Just for fun by linus torvalds, cathedral and the
> bazaar,  etc etc just to understand the opensource culture/history.

Hi Githin,
             A great place to start up with books would be the offcial GNU
doucumentation which you can get here :

http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html

http://www.gnu.org/doc/other-free-books.html

A good edition would also be Free Software Free Society by RMS and Free as
in Freedom by Sam Williams.

These are all available freely online, printed copies for all may not be
very easily obtained in India, but you could start with the ebooks. In fact
you could have a community of like minded people who could pool some money
together and get what you want printed and bound.

What better way to start a FOSS cell :-)

Regards,

- vihan