[Fsf-friends] Dot Matrix Printing Solved

swathantra software s2s2@linux.net
Fri Jul 16 06:51:01 IST 2004

Hi to  all,

      Thanks to all the people who has sent help for fixing the problem of printing with dot matrix printer in OpenOffice. Finally it was solved by using a printer driver other than "omni".
Hope this will help others facing the same kind of problem. I give the description of our setup here.
   OS - GNU/Linux ( Redhat 9)
   OpenOffice- 1.0.2
   Print service - CUPS
   Dot Matrix Printer - WIPRO HQ1040+  (24 pin)
   Problem - Openoffice does not print with "omni" as printer driver.
   Solution - Used EPSON LQ850 driver "lq850" ( used printtool to configure printer). It worked.

  Thanks again to all.

  Sujeevan
  S2S2, Kannur