[Fsf-friends] CSIR uses only Microsoft

Annamalai Gurusami annamalai.gurusami@email.masconit.com
Tue Jan 6 19:01:50 IST 2004

"V. Sasi Kumar" <vsasi@vsnl.com> writes:

> branches of science and technology. I found that they ask for
> manuscript in MS Word format. No other format is acceptable to them,
> including

Likewise, I always find that employment agencies (or job consultants,
if you prefer that), often ask CV (or resume) in MS Word format.  I
send them a note stating that I don't have MS Word software, but that
I am sending in RTF format, which can be viewed in MS Word.  To my
surprise, most of them reject such resumes.

Thats a sad reality.  I don't know why such a restriction is being
imposed.  I cannot seem to figure it out.

Rgds,
anna

--

Time-stamp: <2004-01-02 11:03:20 annamalai.gurusami>

"Free for All offers as thorough and engaging an account of the
open-source movement--and the pitfalls in its path--as readers are
likely to find anywhere."-- Damien MacClean for Amazon.com.

                http://www.wayner.org/books/ffa/