[Fsf-friends] I'll restore Linux and your confidence too !!

Tarun Gaur gaur_tarun@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 07:42:56 IST 2004

Hi Ram Sir,

I am sure i will be able to restore your confidence in Linux and open
source. On our front we will make every effort to ensure that the Linux is
made easy for the end users.

Infact the current state of Linux is that there are multiple initiatives
going on to catch up with proprietry software (especially Windows), in the
process you will come across multiple versions (distros) of Linux. Each one
of them is unique and has its own features and set of specialization though
all of them are now converging fast.

These are some drawbacks of open source but the very spirit with which we
have reached so far is worth acknowledging and trust me sir, the day is not
far when you will see Linux replacing Windows not only on the server side,
but desktops too.

In your case i think the best version is Red Hat / Fedora. I will make sure
that i carry them with me when i visit you. Or else if you have a special
affinity towards the Mandrake magic, then we will bring that one too.

regards,
tarun