[Fsf-friends] Kerala Kaumudi News

Manilal K M manilal@linuxmail.org
Wed Dec 24 12:50:14 IST 2003

Hello,
Another news clipping: it's in Malayalam so ensure that you have the correct fonts.I couldn't find any english version of the news
http://keralakaumudi.com/news/122403M/a_ker1.stm
This malayalam newspaper had again harassed the issue? They are trying to relate it with FRIENDS. Why are they doing such an attempt? It's clear that someone is trying to play a fowl game on behalf of linux.
It is said in the article that the CD's are being commercially distributed. I don't understand what is the commercial value behind the Akshaya project.It's also clear that somebody has mislead the newspaper.

The Free Software community should note that this is not the case of mere "infringement of copyright law" as you say. It'll bring down the image of Free Software in the community. People(i mean the common man not techies) will be afraid in using free software. There will be a bad notion that Free software is not at all different from proprietary software.
with regards
manilal