[Fsf-friends] Forming FSUGs in the country

Arko Provo Mukherjee arkoprovo@peacefulaction.org
10 Apr 2003 10:47:45 +0530

Hello guys,
Well, we all know that there are ilugs/iglugs throughout the country.
We can start FSUGS(Free Software User Group) in the main cities and
invite people to join.

They can run parallelly along with the ILUGS/IGLUGS.
Many people in the ILUGS don't believe in Free Software philosophy.
Thus establishing FSUG in different cities will help us to create user
groups supporting free software including GNU/Linux, BSD etc.

The coordinators of the mailing lists will be people from FSF=INDIA.
That way we can set policies.

I think this will also help in strengthening FSF-INDIA and also in
spreading FREEDOM MATTERS.

We can give URLS to them, like www.fsf.org.in/fsug/cal etc.
This will enable us to create country wide user groups under our
control.

I know that we already have a few FSUGs in the country, like in Chennai.
We can invite them to join us.

Waiting for comments and suggestions.

Regards
Arko