[Fsf-friends] Indianisation... at Sun

Frederick Noronha fred@bytesforall.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:31:36 +0530 (IST)

This sounds important. Pl pass it around to anybody whom you think it
could help. From the indiccomputing mailing list at Sourceforge.net. We
need more of your GNU/Linux guys there! FN

--__--__--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:06:30 -0700
From: Prabhat <prabhat.hegde@sun.com>
To: Rajkumar S <raj@linuxense.com>
Cc: naveen.gangadhar@sun.com
Subject: Re:

hi rajkumar,

That's great. Actually, we are not doing localization yet but
concentrating on internationalization. We at Sun are contributing to
multiple open-source projects for indian languages:

A> Mozilla
B> OpenOffice
C> XIM/IIIM (Input method)
D> X11/Gnome

We have completed indian language enabling on most of the
above-mentioned. If you can help with localization, that would be well
appreciated. Let me know what you do and how you can help.

prabhat